8 Reasons to Retire in Cape Coral
8 Reasons to Retire in Cape Coral-Ft Myers
If you are close to retiring or if you are just starting to think about where you might want to live and retire..this blog will give you 8 reasons why you should live and retire in the Cape Coral/Ft Myers Florida Area..
Hey everyone, welcome back to my Blog. I'm Sherry Puchacz with REMAX Realty Team here in Cape Coral Florida. If you are new here, consider subscribing to my YouTube channel because I make videos and talk about a lot of really cool stuff related to Cape Coral and Ft Myers and if you're gonna be living here, I'm sure you want to know all about it.
1. The weather is awesome…the average annual temperature is 74 degrees, we have 265 sunny days compared to the US average of 205
2. Cape Coral is a water wonderland….we have over 400 miles of canals both freshwater and saltwater, there are offshore fishing charters and you can rent paddle boards, kayaks, jet skis and boats. It’s not unusual to see manatees or dolphins when you spend a day on the water.
3. This is a golfers paradise…there are dozens of golf courses in the area, both private and public courses and YES they are available all year long
4. The cost of living is affordable here…Median cost of a house here is still under $300k and new construction is everywhere, we have no State income tax, no estate or inheritance tax , and as far as property taxes go….we rank #26 out of 50 states
5. There are lots of great restaurants in the area….every cuisine you may be looking for but especially fresh seafood and if you like lobster I would definitely recommend the The Lobster Lady in Cape Coral!
6. You can have an Active lifestyle here….365 days a year you can enjoy walking, kayaking, and we have 90 miles of connected bike trails…and if you love to geo-cache we are a hot spot for that….folks come from all over the world to geocache here…..and if you don’t know what the heck that is…Google it…it’s a blast! ….we have nature parks, air boat rides and the Key West Express jet powered boat that can get you to Key West from Ft Myers Beach in 3 hours…..I’m worn out just talking about all the stuff you are going to have to do!
7. It’s easy to travel here by plane- Southwest Florida International Airport in Ft Myers services 14 airlines and just north of Cape Coral is the Punta Gorda Airport -Allegiant Air provides non-stop flights from dozens of cities in the eastern US
8. Lot’s of healthcare availability…we have three major hospitals in the area as well as every healthcare specialist you could need.
So if you are close to choosing a great place to retire or if you have just started to explore your options….make sure the Cape Coral/Ft Myers area is on the top of your list.
If you have any questions about the cool information I just talked about please give me a call at the number listed below or shoot me an email...I love the Cape Coral/Ft Myers area and I would love to help you with your plans to retire here!
I would love to chat with you about what your thoughts are and what the market is like here….I can set you up on a search for properties in your price range so you can get an idea of what is available. You just let me know if there's anything that I can assist you with. Thank you so much for reading my blog ...I’m Sunshine Sherry...and I am always here to help!
I am Sherry Puchacz with REMAX Realty Team …I’m looking forward to talking to you soon and don’t forget…. I’m always here to help!